Entity Responsible for the Processing of Personal Information
Acumen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
427 Park St.
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information from our web users, job applicants, potential business partners, service provider employees, consultants, health care professionals, patients, clinical trial participants, investigators, and others with whom we do business with. We collect this information directly from individuals, from service providers, data brokers, business partners, government agencies, recruiters, social media, and through our websites as outlined below.
1. Personal Information You Provide
We collect the Personal Information you give us—such as by signing up for our e-mail alerts, e-mailing us, applying for a job, submitting investment inquiries, working as our business partner or as a consultant, visiting our office, and participating in clinical trials or patient assistant programs. Personal Information that we may collect from you may include:
- Identifiers and Contact Information: such as name, address, email address (personal and business), phone numbers, account names and other unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers and other similar identifiers
- Biographical and Demographic Information: such as date of birth, age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, and information regarding any parents or legal guardians
- Professional or employment-related information: such as, job title, organizational affiliation, professional credentials, employment history, education history, resume/curriculum vitae, background checks, and other information provided to us directly from you, or from third-party employment websites, or public databases.
- Health and Medical Information: such as information pertaining to treatments and medication, insurance information, medical history, and lab results (provided in connection with clinical trials, patient support programs, adverse event reporting, and other research-related activities)
- Financial Information: such as tax classification and exemption status (through IRS Form W-9), bank account information, and other payment related information (in connection with submitting an investigator-sponsored research proposal, as a consultant or service provider, or an investigator in a clinical trial)
- Audio or Visual Information: such as video recordings if you visit our locations or photographs
- Commercial Information: or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Inference Information: such as information used to create a profile about a consumer to reflect the consumers preferences, characteristics, and trends
- Other information that you may provide.
- It is possible that we process further Personal Information which we cannot list here conclusively. We inform you separately about the processing of such data if this is possible or we are obliged to do so.
2. Information We Collect from Third Parties
We purchase information third parties including data brokers, third party service providers, and business partners. We may also collect information from public databases, government agencies, and social media. Acumen may collect Personal Information to enable data subjects to use online social media resources offered either by Acumen or a third party.
When using an online social media resource offered by a third-party through the Acumen website, the user acknowledges that Acumen may be able to access any information made public through such third-party (such as username, comments, posts and contacts) and other information the privacy settings on such third-party permit Acumen to access. Acumen will comply with the terms of this Policy and the privacy policies applicable to the social media resources it uses.
3. Information We Collect Automatically
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: such as, details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as the IP address and type of operating system and web browser), dates and times of visits to, and use of, our websites, information about how our websites are used (such as the content that is viewed on our websites and how users navigate between pages), URLs that refer visitors to our websites, and search terms used to reach our websites
- Geolocation data
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect, including Personal Information, to:
- Communicate information to you about our products, programs, and business
- Respond to your inquiries and requests, including investment and strategic collaboration inquiries
- Process employment applications
- Process grants and sponsorship applications
- Analyze and respond to safety and product concerns
- Manage and conduct our clinical trials, patient support programs, and other product or investigational programs
- Identify and facilitate business relationships, enter into contracts, and provide necessary payment(s) or billing
- If you are a health care provider or other third-party consultant and under contract or being considered for a contractual relationship, we may collect publicly available information about your professional occupation including licensing information and other due diligence information such as debarment and any regulatory or disciplinary history
- Improve our websites and related applications
- Develop and tailor the content we display and send you in our communications, websites, and mobile apps
- Analyze communication strategies (such as your interactions with us including on our websites and mobile applications)
- Investigate and respond to misuse of our websites or related applications
- Comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, judicial process, and Acumen policies
- Anonymize or pseudonymize Personal Information where possible or appropriate
- As otherwise specified in other privacy notices or consent forms that may be provided to you depending on your relationship with Acumen and what programs you may participate in
We may aggregate and/or de-identify the Personal Information we collect to create information that does not identify any individual and use that information for the above-listed purposes and other business purposes.
We may also combine any of the information we collect, including Personal Information, with information from other sources, such as public records or websites, other third parties, or offline interactions with you (for example, by telephone or in person).
Acumen website may contain links to websites outside of Acumen. Linked websites are not under the control of or endorsed by Acumen. This Policy does not apply to linked websites outside the Acumen organization. It is recommended that visitors review the privacy terms of each individually linked website.
How We Share Information We Collect
We may share the information we collect, including Personal Information and any aggregated and/or de-identified information that we create, with third parties for the purposes described above. These third parties include:
- Acumen subsidiaries and affiliates (if any)
- Service providers (entities or individuals that perform services on our behalf), such as vendors, consultants, data storage and analytics providers, content providers, and technology providers (including technology support providers, web hosting providers, communications providers, and application developers)
- Other business partners with whom we collaborate regarding our investigational products and programs, such as scientific advisors, joint venture partners and strategic collaboration partners
- Legal, regulatory, or other enforcement authorities
- Other third parties if required to comply with law, regulation, or judicial process or to protect the security, rights, and property of Acumen or of users of our websites
We may also share information we collect or create as part of a purchase, transfer, or sale of Acumen or its assets, such as in a merger or corporate reorganization. If this occurs, the information will be subject to the policies of the receiving organization.
How We Protect Information We Collect
How Long We Keep Information We Collect
We may keep the information we collect, including Personal Information, as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and for as long as allowed by the United States Law and within the United States.
Your Privacy Choices and Rights with Respect to Personal Information
You may update the Personal Information you provide to us and your associated communications preferences, at any time by following the instructions on the relevant page of the website or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have provided Personal Information to us through a third-party employment website, you should contact that website to update that Personal Information, or your communication preferences related to that website.
If you sign up for e-mail alerts, you may unsubscribe from them by following the instructions included in the e-mails. However, even if you unsubscribe, we may continue to send you other types of e-mail communications, such as about changes in our policies.
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or other Web-accessing devices when you access a website. Cookies serve different purposes, like helping us understand how a site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. We also collect information about your use of the Site through cookies and similar technology. Cookie technology collects “clickstream” data, which does not include directly personally identifying information, but which reflects your activities on the Site and helps us to customize our Site experience and anticipate what may be of interest to our users. Our Sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them). To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to the delete them, visit https://allaboutcookies.org/ or https://cookiepedia.co.uk/.
Acumen’s Site is not directed toward children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 through the Site. We will delete information of children under the age of 13 if we learn any has been collected.
Acumen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
427 Park St.
Charlottesville, VA 22902
However, if you are in the EEA, CH, or UK and wish to exercise any of the privacy rights described under “Users in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom” please contact email@example.com