We have an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of building a great company focused on an important unmet medical need.
Acumen Pharmaceutical’s Human Resource Partner will provide human capital services and will serve as a key partner to the company’s HR Consultant.
Under the direction of the HR Consultant, this role is responsible for helping to build the HR function from the ground up while growing the key capabilities in the company by assisting with the creation and execution of a strategic workforce plan.
This role requires basic experience in all aspects of human resources. Experience in the life science industry is preferred and a small company background is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills and a flexible style that engages employees at all levels.
- Provide support across all aspects of human resources throughout the organization.
- Participate in the creation of the overall HR strategy development for the organization
- Conduct talent acquisition activities utilizing internal and external recruiting mechanisms
- Deliver various HR services, including employee benefits administration, payroll administration, and compensation administration
- Manage employee relations, communications, investigations, developing office policies, implementing performance management systems, and implementing culture, wellness, and other HR programs to support the business in compliance with federal, state, local laws
- Maintain awareness of HR trends and applicable changes in federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Review, maintain, and continually improve HR processes, programs, systems, and vendor relationships
Education: Bachelor’s degree. MBA, MA, MS preferred
Experience: 5+ years of experience delivering HR services as a generalist. Specific experience in a startup or pre-IPO company highly preferred.
- Knowledge of business strategy and concepts, especially as they apply to the HR function
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
- Knowledge of Human Resources laws, concepts, strategies, and management skills relevant for a small Life Sciences company
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships at all levels within the organization as well as externally with vendors, current partners and potential partners
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace diversity, inclusion, and equity
Travel as appropriate to implement strategic HR initiatives, approximately 10-15%.
About Acumen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Acumen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is a privately held company with offices in Charlottesville, VA and Carmel, IN. Acumen is developing targeted therapies for the safe and effective treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and related neurodegenerative diseases. Acumen’s lead program, ACU193, is a monoclonal antibody which binds to amyloid beta oligomers which are widely acknowledged to be major mediators of Alzheimer’s Disease pathology. Acumen plans to initiate human clinical studies of ACU193 in 2021 and is seeking to add key contributors to support the development of ACU193 and the growth of the company.
Acumen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Acumen prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Acumen conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.