We have an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of building a great company focused on an important unmet medical need.
Acumen Pharmaceutical’s Director of Human Resources will provide human capital leadership and will be instrumental to the company’s growth.
In partnership with the HR Consultant, this role is responsible for building the HR function from the ground up by creating and executing a strategic workforce plan.
This role requires experience and expertise in all aspects of human resources. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred and a small company background is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have advanced interpersonal skills and a flexible style that engages cross-disciplinary colleagues with varying viewpoints to meet and exceed shared objectives.
- Partner in the development of the overall HR strategy development for the organization
- Lead the talent acquisition activities (recruiting function), utilizing internal and external recruiting mechanisms
- Lead the HR services function, including employee benefits administration, payroll administration, and compensation administration
- Lead and manage employee relations, communications, investigations, developing office policies, implementing performance management systems, and implementing culture, wellness, and other HR programs to support the business in compliance with federal, state, local laws
- Assess and build the organizational culture to ensuring it supports current needs and aligns with future organizational goals
- Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan that are competitive and cost-effective
- Establish and manage the HR budget and other financial measures of the HR function
- Maintain awareness of HR trends and applicable changes in federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Review, maintain, and continually improve HR processes, programs, systems, and vendor relationships
Education: Bachelor’s degree. MBA, MA, MS preferred
Experience: 10+ years of experience as a progressive functional leader developing HR strategies and delivering HR services as a business partner. Specific experience in a startup or pre-IPO company highly preferred.
- Experience in designing/developing/directing HR organization within a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of business strategy and concepts, especially as they apply to the HR function
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and work with teams in a hands-on capacity
- Knowledge of Human Resources laws, concepts, strategies, and management skills relevant for a small Life Sciences company
- Led the process of developing robust HR policies and strategies to support the business in compliance with federal, state, local laws
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships at all levels within the organization as well as externally with vendors, current partners and potential partners
- Expertise and demonstrated commitment to workplace diversity, inclusion, and equity
Travel as appropriate to implement strategic HR initiatives, approximately 10-15%.
Position Location: Position is located in the Indianapolis, IN area in Carmel, Indiana. Individuals willing to relocate to this location will only be considered. Relocation package considered for the right candidate. Remote work will be considered during Covid-19 conditions, as necessary and determined by local Board of Health guidelines.
About Acumen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Acumen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is a privately held company with offices in Charlottesville, VA and Carmel, IN. Acumen is developing targeted therapies for the safe and effective treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and related neurodegenerative diseases. Acumen’s lead program, ACU193, is a monoclonal antibody which binds to amyloid beta oligomers which are widely acknowledged to be major mediators of Alzheimer’s Disease pathology. Acumen plans to initiate human clinical studies of ACU193 in 2021 and is seeking to add key contributors to support the development of ACU193 and the growth of the company.
Acumen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Acumen prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Acumen conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.